“Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you thinks that he is wise in this age, he must become foolish, so that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness before God. For it is written, “He is the one who catches the wise in their craftiness”; and again, “The Lord knows the reasonings of the wise, that they are useless.” So then let no one boast in men.” 1 Corinthians 3:18-21
Here’s the problem. America in its attempt to be religiously neutral has disregarded God’s truth and relies instead upon the teachings of unbelieving men; rather than God’s Truth. And even many professing Christians are walking around with a worldview that is based upon men’s views instead of God’s Truth.
For example – Dr. Anthony Fauci stated; “it’s inconceivable that people don’t believe science …that’s unfortunate because you know – science is the truth” Do you see the problem here? Science is truth??? Please!!! — science at best is man’s search for truth, a process of discovery, and it’s only true until more compelling truth is discovered. And worst of all miracles and spiritual truth are totally disregarded. But my point is that there’s a never-ending conflict between man’s truth and God’s truth.
Don’t get me wrong here, medical science has saved my life three times. I am not anti-science. But Fauci’s supposed truth has been demonstrably wrong over and over. Truth is only truth when it proves to be true. And the problem is that modern science is influenced by money, power, politics, possibly personal greed. And God’s Truth is never subject to man’s truth.
Every Christian should know and commit to standing upon the truths that matter the most to God – in order to be a good disciple of Jesus Christ. Here are ten of the hundreds of God’s truths that are at the foundation of my Christian Worldview. Truths I will always stand upon?
1. Apart from Christ no person can ever know Truth, and will never do a single worthy thing. “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.” John 14:6 “Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth.” John 17:17 “Sanctification in the New Covenant means to be set apart from all else and dedicated for God’s use.” God’s grace sets the believer apart as separate from and holy unto God. Our repentance for our sins, and our faith in Jesus brings forgiveness. His forgiveness and the redemption of our souls sets us apart with God forever in heaven.
2. Jesus is God – the Creator and source of the world and all that is in the world. “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.” John 1:1-4
3. Jesus is the source of all Light. The teachings of the world are foolishness to God, The world is home to evil and is where darkness reigns. There is conflict because the world disregards the Light. We either stand with light or darkness, good or evil; but not both. “The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.” John 1:5
4. Only those who repent, believe, and trust in Jesus are born again of the Spirit and can see the kingdom of God. “Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3
5. Spiritually born again believers are the adopted children of God. We are citizens of His Heavenly kingdom and fulfilling His purpose here and now. And we are His light in the dark world which is controlled by the evil one. “I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.” John 17:15-16
6. Once born again, we receive the Spirit of truth who will guide us in God’s truth always. “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.” John 14:26
7. It is God’s will that we live for Him and fulfill His purpose. “For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.” 2 Corinthians 5:14-15
8. How then shall we live? “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:34-35 “Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. For this, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.” Romans 13:8-10
9. We are to be like the Bereans – measuring all things up against God’s truth and following the guidance of God’s truth by the leading of the Holy Spirit. “Now these (Bereans) were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.” Acts 17:11
10. And we are to be of great courage, abiding above, and resting in God’s unending promises of protection and victory. “This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:8-9 “Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.” Colossians 3:1-3
There are hundreds of other promises I could list. But these are the ones that God brought to mind today. Meditating on God’s word brings unending wisdom and guidance from God’s Truth and the Holy Spirit. “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
Grace and Peace to you my friends,
Bob West – Geezerdust.com©2020